• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Gun Trade Factories

Benjamin Horace Pottier was my grandfather. He died I think in 1971. His business was called B H Pottier & CO and it started in Brearley Street and was later carried on at Loveday Street. I understand that the business was sold as a going concern maybe in the 40's or 50's. I also understand but...
  2. P

Loveday Street

Richard Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry but I don't have anything more. My grandfather's son is still alive who may know but I can't really see him at the moment due to Covid. I will let you know if I find out anything. Regards Ian Price
  3. P

Wagon Lane, Sheldon, Isolation Hospital

Hi I know John Pottier he is my uncle and still alive living in Astwood Bank. My mother was Gillian Pottier who I think rode with him. I know uncle John was the 1st British person to wear the yellow Jersey in the 1953 Tour of Britain. Attached a piece on The Tour from 1953 and some pics from...
  4. P

Loveday Street

NannyPam My apologies - I've only just seen your posting. My grandfather was an engineer who did all sorts of things including experimental work, giving advice on inventions, drawings and model making. In addition he made nuts, bolts etc in all threads as well as cut gears, taps and dies...
  5. P

manor house nechells

My grandmother was Beryl Chapman the daughter of Albert Edward Chapman and Nellie Healey. Albert was the son of Thomas Chapman (born 1946)and Helena Wright Humphries. Thomas was the son of the Thomas(1811-1891) and Sarah Chapman who lived at The Manor House and he did live at The Manor House...
  6. P

manor house nechells

Back