• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Silver Blades Ice Rink

I used to go from 1973 onwards and loved the music and DJs, I remember the speed skating session too as well as the slow pairs.I also remember being there the Sunday after the Birmingham pub bombings and we had a bomb scare and had to evacuate the rink and onto the street outside , does anyone...
  2. D

Cockshut Hill School

I remember all those names,also puggy pugh,emmerson,curtis,do you remember these?
  3. D

Pub Bombings

I remember the pub bombings ,something i will never forget. I've drank in both pubs and know how confined the space is so i really felt for all those who lost their lives on that terrible night .At the time i was at collage not far from Aston Uni and the next day had to pass the Mulberry bush...
  4. D

Blake Lane, Bordesley Green

I was born at no.50 blake lane in 1955 TO harold and nora handy,the house belonged to my grandma,does anyone remember the handy's from no 50? My sister veronica and brother colin were also born here.next door lived the daniels,jackylin being my sisters best friend.
  5. D

Derron avenue

I spent most of my life growing up in derron avenue at no.39 and remember neibours such as the mansells, mr bashford, the hamiltons, keavenies, john ward, mark flood,annette russell,anybody remember including me david handy.
  6. D

The Custard House

I was born opposite the custard house in 1955, david handy,son of harold handy at no. 50 blake lane.anybody remember my dad, a regular at the custard house.
Back