• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

St Edburgha's Church Yardley

I have had the following reply from the parish administrator - so hoping they are on the plan. The gravestones in our churchyard were removed decades ago. However, a plan of the graves was compiled before they were removed. Many of the inscriptions had been eroded by time and weather, so it is...
  2. B

thank you I will contact them
  3. B

Thank you I must try and get the book
  4. B

I will
  5. B

thank you I have emailed them I am appalled if they have bene landscaped
  6. B

Hello I found out that my 4th grest grandfather Jonas Bowen (d 1867) and his wife Esther Prime Bowen (d 164) are buried here. Does anyone know how I could find a phot of gravestone or where to find an index? I would love to visit and see where they are buried. thank you Karen
  7. B

Bowen, Jonas, George- Silversmiths, Silver platers.

Hello all fellow Bowen descendants. I checked my family tree and this is how I am related: 4th great-grandfather Jonas Bowen 1786-1867 3rd Great grandfather James Bowen 1812-1887 2nd Great Grandfather - James John Bowen 1845-1920 My Great Grandfather - James John Bowen 1868-1944 My Grandmother...
  8. B

Pilots Garage Kyotts Lake Road

My uncle had motor bikes when they lived there think it would have been early 50s for him. My family had good memories of living there.
  9. B

fish and chip shops

Mum lived at 59 Kyotts lake road from the 40s and her mum lived there until 1974 - I'm not sure how long the Bowen family has lived here but may have been from the late 1930s.
  10. B

fish and chip shops

Thank you I will copy the photo and put it in a memory book I'm making mom for xmas.
  11. B

fish and chip shops

Thanks I will put in in my notes and talk to mom - I got her a book of sparbrook photos in the summer and it started a really good conversation and bought back many happy memories.
  12. B

Thank you
  13. B

Thank you
  14. B

Yes it is
  15. B

Mother and Baby home Moseley

My mom was an unmarried mother and was there after giving birth early dec 1960 - I don't know if she was there before as she gave birth at another address in Edgbaston which was a maternity hospital. I would be interested to know about her time there and if anyone remembers an yvette. Mom has...
  16. B

Hello I saw a photo of this garage on a Facebook group dated 1960. Does anyone know the number of the road and any information on dates when it existed. I've had a look at google maps but can't work out where it was. amny thanks karen
  17. B

fish and chip shops

I went into the fish and chip shop in kyotts lake road in the early 70s when my gran passed - my mom knew the family do you know if it was still in the same family and their name - mom has dementia and im trying to piece things together for her
  18. B

Bowen, Jonas, George- Silversmiths, Silver platers.

Hello I just read this thread I am a descendant of Jonas Bowen and Esther Prime - will dig outt he tree later this week. I'd love to hear more. Karen
Back