• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Joan Sally Lloyd

Hi I am looking for information for Joan Sally Lloyd b 1939 - 1984 Lichfield. Marr Michael Gordon hacking 1959. The marriage failed and both remarried. I think her father was Henry Lloyd 1913-1964 b. Lichfield who married Doreen Boot I am trying to find out who her grandparents were. Her...
  2. J

Price family Smethwick

Hi all, I could do with some help please. I have William Leonard price b 1899 - sometimes Leonard William Price. He married Florence Evelyn Sprigg in 1921 using Leonard as first name. There are 2 sons in the 1939 census @ St George St, Smethwick - Raymond & Reginald. I have 2 birth certs for...
  3. J

Green William - where was he born?

Hi, I have purchased 4 birth certs for william green b 1852 - all wrong. His father was Thomas [shoemaker] mother I believe to be hannah pearce. All censuses states william born birmingham, but birmingham registry office can find no record for him with these parents. What area is covered by...
  4. J

Communication Row 1854

Have birth cert - think it says 14 communication Row [1854]. Home of Green family. Am I reading the street name correctly? Jean
  5. J

Temporary infirmary aston

Hi, My g grandfather died 1915. On death cert it was in the temporary infirmary aston. Does anyone know anything about the infirmary? Jean
  6. J

Coulthard - Brick marriage

Hi, I am unable to find a marriage between James Coulthard & Hannah Brick about 1850. James was born Lancaster, Hannah Upton-upon-seven Worcester. Hannah Brick is the name I have on daughters birth cert 1858, if it is the correct one that I have!! The family lived in Birmingham from 1861 census...
  7. J

Thomas Green - Cordwainer - Shoe Maker

Could some tell me if Thomas Green was listed as a cordwainer - master shoemaker - shoemaker Birmingham. I have this as his occupation between 1851 -1891. Thank you Jean :)
  8. J

Pulford [Pullford] marriage look up please

Hi all, I am having problems finding a marriage between Harriot Pulford & william a houston about 1840 suffolk area. Would really appreciated help :) Jean
  9. J

featherstone mary

Looking for any info on mary featherstone b 1843 - father thomas featherstone. 2 marriages first one to william?? daffern - 2 children lavina b 1866 birmingham & william h b 1869 wolverhampton. 2nd marriage george hickman 1870 cannot find record of first marriage to daffern or mary on any...
  10. J

Startin William

Hi, I need help finding this family prior to 1891. William startin [tube drawer] b 1839 new york widow. William [polisher] b 1876 birmingham, James b 1879 birmingham. Emely C b 1882. address 3 back 6 Hooper street. On James's birth cert his mother is named Emma phillips. I have found a marriage...
  11. J

GIBLIN Bridget

Hi, I am looking for help tracking down G G Grandparents Bridget Giblin b abt 1829 Ireland Richard Giblin b abt 1834 Ireland Mary Ann Giblin dau b 1861 birmingham my G grandmother m Aug 1887 Henry Walls Thomas Giblin son b 1865 birmingham I have them in 1871 & 1891 in Pritchett Street. The only...
  12. J

Anderson - Dundee

Hi, I have certificate of birth for Robert Syney Anderson b july 10 1913. mother Jeanie Milne Anderson. The birth was registered in the district of St. Mary in burgh of Dundee. Entry No 546. There is an address 5 Long Wynd dundee for the birth. This cannot be the original as there is a date...
  13. J

Walls family

Hi, I am looking for the parents of Ellen Cooper b 1916 Birmingham. I think the mother is Ellen Elizabeth Walls b 1894 who was the sister of my grandmother Gertrude May Walls b 1898 Aston, but have been unable to find a marriage between her and a cooper! Ellen Cooper married Christopher Birch...
  14. J

Houston Family

Hi, I am trying to trace the Houston Family 1901. I have the address of 72 Ellen Street. I have birth certificate for Robert Henry Houston b Oct 1901 father Robert Arthur Houston [Bill Poster – Journeyman] mother M Houston. Other children they had were, Annie /Pat, b 1890 Harold, Ivy & Ida I...
  15. J

Startin family

Hi all, Could someone help me find the christian names of Frances Ann Startin b 1916 - Violet b 1905 - Emily b 1119 also a brother name Ted. All born Brookfields area Birmingham Fathers name could be William Henry. Mother Rudge, thought to be Mary, I seem to come up with Bridget! Father...
  16. J

Coulthard Sarah Jane

Sarah Jane Coulthard married my g grandfather William Green june quarter 1884. I am unable to find out anything about her prior to this. Can anyone help please.
  17. J

FOWKES Edwin Thomas- Smethwick

Hello Everyone, Can a I am looking for my father Edwin Thomas FOKWES family tree. b 1921 m 1945 d aound 1980's Toolmaker. Father Edwin Thomas FOWKES General labourer. Mother Florence? 6/148 Hingestion Street, Brookfields. Monatgue Road Smethwick are the addresses i have for my grand father...
  18. J

GREEN William Henry Ladywood

Hello Everyone, I have recently joined the site. An Ex Brummie living in Shropshire. I am trying to trace my mothers GREEN family tree. Winifred Dorothy GREEN b 1924. d 2005 Grandfather William Henry GREEN b March 1885. d 1961 married to Gertrude May Walls 1918. b Dec 1899 d April 1945...
Back