• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Joan Sally Lloyd

Thank you. I learn something new every day
  2. J

Joan Sally Lloyd

Thank you. That makes some sense
  3. J

Joan Sally Lloyd

I appreciate your input
  4. J

Joan Sally Lloyd

Yes thank you
  5. J

Joan Sally Lloyd

Thank you
  6. J

Joan Sally Lloyd

I don't have access to 1921 census, unfortunately. I cannot find a marriage for them either
  7. J

Joan Sally Lloyd

Yes I found the same which you say doesn't help very much
  8. J

Joan Sally Lloyd

Hi I am looking for information for Joan Sally Lloyd b 1939 - 1984 Lichfield. Marr Michael Gordon hacking 1959. The marriage failed and both remarried. I think her father was Henry Lloyd 1913-1964 b. Lichfield who married Doreen Boot I am trying to find out who her grandparents were. Her...
  9. J

Price family Smethwick

I'm very confused. Trying to match both son's with DNA, as the Sprigg family - Reginald fits in with that - so I don't know where the Marian surname fits in. Maybe someone had a bad day at the office !!
  10. J

Price family Smethwick

William registered them both. On both - William's occupation is a Tube Drawer. I knew Reginald, but no other family members. All I know is that the family lived in Smethwick. The mother had a shop in the front room of her house in the late 50's I remember
  11. J

Price family Smethwick

I think Ronald is a different family !
  12. J

Price family Smethwick

Reginald's is George street. Raymond's is 5 back of 55 High Park Road Smethwick. Mothers name Spree !!
  13. J

Price family Smethwick

Hi all, I could do with some help please. I have William Leonard price b 1899 - sometimes Leonard William Price. He married Florence Evelyn Sprigg in 1921 using Leonard as first name. There are 2 sons in the 1939 census @ St George St, Smethwick - Raymond & Reginald. I have 2 birth certs for...
  14. J

Forum Donations

I have tried to donate by using Paypal. Not sure if it's gone through as I pressed the send money button 3 times nothing seemed to have happenend!! Any help appreciated. Jean
  15. J

Sherborne Street, Ladywood

Just an update. I visited Sherborne Street in August and the area from where the Gas offices were, [this faced the Birmingham Guild] up to Grosvenor Street West is still a waste ground, with the tree still standing. The pub 'The White Swan' in Grosvener Street was being altered inside, but...
  16. J

Sherborne Street, Ladywood

I was born at 7 Sherborne Street as were 3 generations of us. I was in Sherborne street about 3/4 years ago, it has changed completly except that where our house stood and right up to Grosvenor Street west is a wasteland. There was a tree standing where our front door would have been. Does...
  17. J

Green William - where was he born?

Hi Bewdley, I can see you have worked hard on this. In the 1911 census William states his birth place as Balsall Heath!!!! Every other time just Birmingham, so why can't I find his birth cert? I have found the births of all his siblings, so cannot imagine that his parents did not register him...
  18. J

That could be Williams brother Thomas b 1848, although none of the children appear to have midle names. I did not find them in Tennent Street until 1871. I have not been able to find baptisms for any of the children, can I ask where you found this entry?
  19. J

Thank you. That is a lot of very interesting information. That's a nice thought that there could be a tenuous link in our families history. I will get to the bottom of g.grandfather William yet!!!
  20. J

Hello Margaret, Yes, I have tried 1853 as well as 1851. Birmingham Registry Office did a a year before and after search with no luck. It's such a common name, but I only found 2 Thomas Greens [the father] in 1841 one was in Kingswood, Gloucester he was classified only as a Journeyman and seems...
Back