• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Birmingham Speedway, Perry Barr

I think you may have this all wrong. Phil "Tiger" Hart was English. Born London. He founded an insurance broker business. The family had a home on the island of mallorca for many years. I frequently saw him with his wife in the Meson Del Rei restaurant. I never spoke to him, this I have always...
  2. B

Pressburgers

In mallorca 60th wedding anniversary. Suit from K as we called him. Had my 1st in 1955 Italian style. Still got jacket and it fits today. His Dad was there at 1st shop nearer to Bromsgrove st. Dad passed away there. K also opened in Wolverhampton. Later moved to near ring road. Good old days.
  3. B

Church Road, Yardley.

Hello. I remember the shop in Church Road, selling cycle spares. We used to refer to Mr Linforth as "Daddy Linforth". Not to his face of course. He was very nice and put up with our cheek very well. Happy days.
  4. B

dance halls

Hello Mr Hodson. I would like to ask if you knew Tom Starbuck with his Grafton Alto? I first met him at work and as I was trying to play the Alto and Clarinet we became quite friendly. If you did know him I would love to hear any memories you wish to share. Yours truly Brian Fox.
  5. B

dance halls

Hello hope you are still well. I have just seen your post. I was browsing and put in Arthur Rowberry because a late friend of mine played for him. His name was Tom Starbuck who played the alto. I met him in 1957 at work. He was a draughtsman and I was a 20 year old apprentice. H was playing in a...
Back