• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Reg Cook

Witton Cemetery

Vicki. What a coincidence!! my wife's sister married a Barry Sprayson. XXXX
  2. Reg Cook

Witton Cemetery

I'll be in there the weekend Dave and can take the photos if you like. Reg.
  3. Reg Cook

Handsworth Dairies

Made redundant in 2001 after 10 years of what was the best Job I ever had, going to Perry Pont after doing General Haulage that job was great. Delivered to all regional depots with an Artic, not a horse.
  4. Reg Cook

Frankfort street, Hockley

Yes!! I thought it was, the free coach ride anyway. I can recall reading a book some time ago about this and i saw a picture of this. Mr Lawler, dear me the memories came flooding back. I wish i could remember what book it was.
  5. Reg Cook

Frankfort street, Hockley

Vote!! Vote!! Vote!! for Mr Lawler. I've forgotten the words now but, I can remember getting on a Coach in Summer lane going for a free ride and singing our little heads off. That must have been the late fifties early sixties.
  6. Reg Cook

Disillusioned Postcard Message - WW1

Hilda, Dora, Glady's, and Brenda are my Grt Aunt Louisa's children.
  7. Reg Cook

Sorry Alberta. On the back of this photo of got, of who I thought was job Yates. Is actually Jab Yates. Presumably short for Jabe.
  8. Reg Cook

no 7 villa street

Got four! results Lyn, which one do I go to.??
  9. Reg Cook

no 7 villa street

I always!! follow your Villa Street threads with interest Lyn. I did ask a genealogist friend if he could find any information regarding Villa street. But he never came back with anything. XX reg.
  10. Reg Cook

no 7 villa street

Saw it on an old map. That house was called Grove House.
  11. Reg Cook

no 7 villa street

Lyn! I'm led to believe?? that house I lived in at the top end of Villa street, up by Wills street, something like 1881. was number 22. Reg.
  12. Reg Cook

Lou Yates's son. John Yates, emigrated to New Zealand last year. That john Yates, is on a picture of Milton street in the 1953 Coronation. I think?? Sylvia said she has the original copy of that picture. Reg.
  13. Reg Cook

If the name of Job Yates, pops up. I've got a photo of him with my Nan's sister, Lou Yates, nee Wyton. Reg.
  14. Reg Cook

Sutton Park

Sorry Jean I had to appolgise to an elderly couple for my brothers cycling a couple of weeks ago, ( Sunday ) we past a bit too close for comfort. Wasn't you was it. XXXX
  15. Reg Cook

Bendal road kingstanding

Try. Google street maps Irene.
  16. Reg Cook

Milton Street

I wonder if Mikajee could pinpoint these houses on the Map of Milton street. ??
  17. Reg Cook

Milton Street

Yes you're right Alf. went there as apprentice mechanic after leaving school.
  18. Reg Cook

Milton Street

Sorry Lyn. Got our wires crossed there somewhere.? I lived in 41 Milton Street after my Grt Grandparents died there. Mom and Dad took over the house after that, we lived there from 1955 to 1964.
  19. Reg Cook

Where in Birmingham was this taken ??

Not one of the back streets in Lozells, is it. Looks a bit like Wills street.???
  20. Reg Cook

Brummie sayings & language

My Mom or Dad very seldom Missed Lyn. Perhaps I didn't duck quick enough.
Back