• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Dorrington

Do you remember anyone with the surname Dorrington? Soho Road Handsworth in 1930 to 1960 newsagent shop number 178 Lady called Margaret and her sister Edith worked there for my nana Sarah Dorrington. I remember as a child Baines cake shop and Tibbetts Fish Mongers. Thanks
  2. S

Dr Paul Weiss GP at Castle Bromwich in 50’s / 60’s

Does anyone remember my uncle Dr Paul Weiss who was a GP in Castle Bromwich. He was South African. Wife Jessie.
  3. S

Frank Harvey Winson Green Prison

Relative Frank Harvey born 1914 was inmate in Winson Green Prison around 1953. I think the crime was fraud but not sure. Before this Frank and John Sollars a friend we’re on bail and escaped to Ireland where they knocked on monastery doors for food. Priest said they should go back which they did...
  4. S

Harry Harvey or Robert (Bob Harvey)

My granddad Harry Harvey or my uncle Bob Harvey so legend has it was a school inspector for truants year ago with the educational department. He used to go around on his cycle rounding up truants. He was a kind man and gave the barefooted children shoes although he was feared by the children too...
Back