• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

Bloomsbury Street School

Mr Reese rings a bell but at Leigh Rd not Bloomsbury. Mrs Howell is the only name I remember as she was my first teacher for 2 or 3 years.
  2. K

Leigh Road School Washwood Heath

Now I remember some school friends.Peter Ball, Michael James,Chris Colley.Freddie Teague,Cavin Soldue. David Baker who went to work at Cincinnati on Kingsbury Rd like me.
  3. K

Bloomsbury Street School

I left this school in 1959 to go to Leigh Road school in Wash wood Heath. I remember Betty Simmonds .Have school year photos if any one is interested .? Also remember Michael James who I would walk home from school with. I lived at Necells place opposite the gas works.
  4. K

Leigh Road School Washwood Heath

Hi everyone. Just found this site. I was at Leigh Road from 1960 until July 1964. I remember Mr Rothera who was head teacher and Mr Darlington, Mr Spink Mr Vaughan , Mr Grocer who covered metalwork but that's all I can remember. Played chess, cricket and football for the school. If anyone...
  5. K

Cincinnati, Kingsbury Road.

More memories. When I worked in the offices Murial the tea lady used to come mid morning and mid afternoon with her hot water urn. You could have tea or coffee free of charge. At Xmas there was a free party for employees children. My kids looked forward to this as the presents were not cheap. It...
  6. K

Cincinnati, Kingsbury Road.

Joined Cincinnati as an apprentice in 1964. Ernie Day trained us on fitting and Arthur Newbury on milling but can't remember the turning trainer. I do remember the subsidised meals in the canteen run by Mr Pinker ton who collected uni cycles. After 6 years I decided to join the HME press...
Back