• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Frankfort street, Hockley

I us to live in at 5 back of 32 Frankfort Street Birmingham. It was a 3 storey single room per floor house it also had a cellar. off a yard. As all of the yards I remember there was a single shared water tap in the middle of the yard, 2 Brewhouses (Brewus) for washing clothes and 2 toilets to...
  2. P

Bow Street, Horsefair

Yes I remember you coming down quite regular :) Thanks for the info please e-mail me Vic @ [email protected] I have a few more photos you may be interested in and have been trying to make contact with Dennis.
  3. P

Bow Street, Horsefair

A few photos from the archive pre Night & Day Building.
  4. P

Bow Street, Horsefair

Vic. I was there at the same time as you. I was the little office lad who worked in the officer above Mr Fitter who owned G W Stokes & Son in 1972. I worked with Dennis Pearce who eventually became the managing director. My name is Phil. Did you know that the "Son" was actually his daughter? G W...
  5. P

Bow Street, Horsefair

This vacant land was where G W Stokes use to store builders materials and the van at night. We use to call it the "Ponderosa". Oldies will get it.
  6. P

St Thomas C Of E School Granville Street

Phil. It's St Thomas's C of E school Granville Street. I was there from an infant school sandpit start day right through to 1967. The modern building was as viewed from the playground. The top floor was a roof garden of sorts with tyres used as planters. I think that there is a Birmingham...
Back