• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. marie moore (mills )

St Chads Schools

Yes sister moderator edit to remove named person was a nasty peace of work she would be done for child abuse today
  2. marie moore (mills )

St Chads Schools

hi was the girl third from the left back row betty lordon does any one know
  3. marie moore (mills )

St Chads Schools

wow that is heavy stuff, we also used to have brown envelopes handed to us if we had head lice , in front of the whole class room , the school leaders, were quite ruthless, put me off God if he was a loving God then why was his nuns so evil. ( not all i should say but sister edna was, as i have...
  4. marie moore (mills )

St Chads Schools

hi i remember miss tranter she smacked me across the face with a ruler because i got my spellings wrong hahaha child abuse
  5. marie moore (mills )

St Chads Schools

yes Astoness I did rise above even forgive her, the ironic thing is I went on to get a degree in theology and advance diploma in Christian ministry, and all this abuse did not come from the bible, so I guess some people are self made hahaha I'm good thank you x you know the old saying not all...
  6. marie moore (mills )

Porchester Street

hi Jackie mike is correct it is porchester street the building looking like a church was a wood yard and a man named Austin used to own it he was a carpenter, it was facing our house x marie
  7. marie moore (mills )

St Chads Schools

Yes I remember sister edna very well she was a very violent nun hahah, she caned me 6 of the best on each hand, and because I would not cry she said she would break me, told me I would never amount to much I was thick very edifying I must say, haha I can laugh now but she did a lot of damage I...
  8. marie moore (mills )

Porchester arms...

hi Jackie I was informed by a friend it was Michael doody xxx
  9. marie moore (mills )

Porchester arms...

Hi Jackie, I cant remember the other names I remember Donald and Christine , I will ask my sister alice, I remember the doodies and another family , cant remember the surname, the sisters were silvia and yvonne got it yates, xx
  10. marie moore (mills )

Porchester arms...

hi Jackie , I remember the fishers, they were one of the last families to leave porchester street. we were running from loft to loft on the old houses and my brother William fell through the roof of the fishers house and landed in the bed on top of them hahahahahahahah xxx
  11. marie moore (mills )

Porchester arms...

we used to jump out of these bed roomed windows, and my friend made a rope swing in one of the old houses hanging from the beams and we used to swing from the window seal , we saw no danger then only fun the beams could have given way and killed us, I loved every minute of my childhood though,
  12. marie moore (mills )

Porchester arms...

YOUR WELCOME X
  13. marie moore (mills )

Porchester arms...

the man to the left was my dad the little boy was William my brother , the man on the right is my uncle mick and the boy on the left of me is my friend Michael
  14. marie moore (mills )

Porchester arms...

look at the picture on bottom of page Bernie
  15. marie moore (mills )

Porchester arms...

me my dad my brother my uncle and my friend xx
Back