• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Memories of a Birmingham Musician (Drummer)!

What a wonderful concert, thanks for sharing. As a big band enthusiast and ex-pro drummer and good friend of the legend Eddie, I'm sure he'll be listening and appreciate the talent of this concert. Andy Jervis
  2. A

I am devastated to hear my old friend Eddie Haynes has passed away. We met up at an Antique Drum Show in Coventry a few months ago and he showed me his book which was going for its final edit, so I'm not sure if it has got published. We hadn't seen each other for around 20 years and it was so...
  3. A

Norfolk Brummie

I am devastated to hear my old friend Eddie Haynes has passed away. We met up at an Antique Drum Show in Coventry a few months ago and he showed me his book which was going for its final edit, so I'm not sure if it has got published. We hadn't seen each other for around 20 years and it was so...
  4. A

Certainly did know Brian, he was in Norman's band when I was. Still see him occasionally at funerals!! Also Trevor Darby, he's still playing, I see him occasionally in Nuneaton Market Place on a Saturday morning playing with a dixieland group! Here's a story you might like. In early 1958 (18...
  5. A

Maurice, Blimey! Mike Burney must have been quite young then. I only came to Birmingham in 1960-61, played with George Slater's Band at the old West End in Suffolk St. You'll know Trev Emney tenor player who worked at Marshalls music shop, I think it was called, in Station St. He is still around...
  6. A

Mike Burney used to do a few deps in the band when I was there, he came in permanently a year after I left. I say permanently with reservations, it didn't take long for him to fall out with Syd! Yes there were quite a few Brummies and guys who had settled around Birmingham in those days, Andy...
  7. A

Wow, now there's a find! I've asked the help desk for guidance on sending a private message, doesn't seem to tell you on the site, or is it my eyes?!!! No, I'm not playing anymore, my wrists gave up the ghost! Finished in 2001, just play golf and crown green bowls now! Will get to speak to you soon.
  8. A

Just got into this site, looking to see if anyone knew if Colin Hulme was still around. Last time I knew of him was in Nottingham 30 years ago. Incidentally Eddie, are you the same Eddie for whom I tested some new models of Zildian Cymbals and worked at Premier when I was with Syd Lawrence? Now...
Back