• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Uncle Holly at Lewis's

I don't remember Uncle Holly at the top of the stairs,but I do remember the large model of him high up in the Minories, possibly late 50's early 60's
  2. J

Lincoln Street Motors

Lincoln Street Motors was where I worked from 1975 to 1986,first at their Datsun dealership in Moseley,and then the'rink' as we referred to it on Summerhill.Sadly for the last 4 months that I worked there it was with Price Waterhouse Cooper who were administrating the wind up.
  3. J

Kalamazoo

I remember going to Kalamazoo in probably 1972/3 to learn how to use an Optical Font Machine,which I would be using in the accounts department at a car dealership in the city centre.
  4. J

The Grove Mill Farm Rd Harborne

Thank you superdad3,not sure I know why she was there but all information gratefully received.
  5. J

The Grove Mill Farm Rd Harborne

I have a relative who died here in 1967,but I have been unable to find out what kind of institution this was.I do know it wasn't her home address.I would be most interested to find out more about this address.
  6. J

CLEWS connections politely requested, please

Hi Cat,William Brimble had 2 sons James and Frederick W,I am descended from James and Frederick's daughter Alice was married to A E Clews.
  7. J

Aston Union Workhouse

Hi,This is my first post and originally from Birmingham I am no longer in the area.I recently obtained a birth certificate for Nellie Newey 02/03/1906 and her birth address was the workhouse in Erdington.Her mother is listed as Mary,I have 2 questions 1.Would she have to prove identity to enter...
Back