• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Aston Gaol

Hi my hubby is reading a book Birmingham Hidden History, it mentions and gives a photo of derelict site of Aston Gaol situated on High Street , Bordesley. I‘VE tried googling it but nothing comes up he wants to know whereabouts it was . High street, bordesley comes up on maps but from end of...
  2. S

Car tax office in city centre

Thanks everyone, I did get to go to the granby Avenue one as I only live round corner from there
  3. S

Car tax office in city centre

Hi does anyone know what road the car tax office was in the city centre we have been having a discussion on this at home someone said ooze street . Can anyone help or put me in the right direction please
  4. S

Denton Grove Stechford Revisited

Hi we lived at no 15 the Dewell's . Mom n dad lived there for many years we had moved from Yardley green road. Loved lambros chippy last I heard he was still alive living in Cyprus. Ritsa hairdressers was another old shop and is still there now. My dad frequented the Richmond pub, still see...
Back