• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Grocers shop in Pritchett Street

Thanks Lyn, That is so kind of you to offer to do a search for when you can - you certainly are a true brummie!! I have a photo of the Bulls Head I was hoping for one of the Millington Shop - very remote I know but you never know.
  2. J

You are absolutely right, in small print on the map (Old Ordnance Survey Maps Birmingham North 1913) it states extracts are from the 1907 Kelly's. Thanks for that - teach me to look a bit closer!!
  3. J

Thanks for that information. A couple of things - Frank I think is Frederick Arthur Millington, it lines up with the other data I have, they did seem to change names around in those times. Marie the daughter was known as Cissie all her life even her death certificate is in that name. Annie I...
  4. J

Thanks lyn & mikejee, yes sorry I should have given a name I'm an idiot!! Anyway Frederick Millington is the right name he was a wire worker/ weaver, Maria his wife was the boss according to legend ( no change there then!) and my mother- in -law was Ivy Kathleen Millington.There was a younger...
  5. J

Family story about my wife's grandparents having a grocers? shop at no 112 on the corner opposite the Bulls Head. I know my wife's mother was born there in 1917 and her mother ( the grandmother) died there in 1930. Anyone know anything or where I can get moor info? jim jimjay
  6. J

Birmingham Workhouse -peter Walker

Just joined the history forum, interesting read about the workhouse in Lichfield St as my wife's great grandmother was born there in 1849 (father unknown!)and I think farmed out to a family later.Still investigating! jimjay
Back