• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

BENNETT, BYFIELD, WEST , CLARKE, HOLLAND, DAMMS

G'day Lonnie, there were many ex-Brit- Military guys whom served with my regiment S.A.S.R in and many other arms of the Australian Defence Forces, as you know, over the years in South Vietnam and recent middle- east 'theatres', as I still keep in touch through my Association, whom meet once a...
  2. B

G'day Lonnie, wow! 'a lifer', mate you certainly got around the place. With my situation, I'm a military novice in comparison. Being a carpenter by trade and as soon as I finished my apprenticeship I was called up for 2 years national service by birth ballot system. After recruit training...
  3. B

Thankyou su mo&curly for your thoughtful offer to add anymore of my Byfield ancestors/relatives, it is all so interesting, also I have learnt so much over the years about Birmingham, apart from just the genealogy side. I am also always interested in any other information which may be relevant to...
  4. B

Hey! Lonnie thanks a lot for your interest in my search for relatives, I guess Nigel and Martyn could be cousins. I have not any knowledge that they are though, as of yet anyway. I also served in the military, infantry, Vietnam 1968-69 & 71. Cheers Mate. Lindsay Bennett.
  5. B

Hi! Fearny, I was on Ancestry for a short time and am hoping to seek out any relatives in Birmingham, mainly because it seems much more personal to contact a distant family member via this forum and maybe even more information may found. Thankyou, Lindsay William Bennett.
  6. B

Hi! Arley, it seems that you may not have received my last reply to you . My grandfather's sister, Ellen Marguerite Bennett married Arthur Edward Clark, August 1929 in Balsall Heath. Ellen was born 12th April 1906 to William Benjamin Bennett and Ellen Bennett (nee Damms) and passed away October...
  7. B

Hi! donnaexpat thankyou for your message regarding Sydney Bennett. I don't, as yet know of a Sydney but I guess there is a possibility that he could be a cousin or relation that I haven't been unable to trace yet maybe in the 1921 census, especially in Aston area. Thanks again.
  8. B

Hi! MWS thankyou for your interest, yes I do need to follow up with more information I guess. My grandfather Philip George Bennett's father was William Benjamin Bennett born 1872 and his wife Ellen Bennett (nee Damms), born 1875, father George Henry Damms - Gas meter maker. William Benjamin...
  9. B

Unfortunately, over the years, since becoming a member of B.H.F I haven't had any feedback from the few genealogy threads. I guess my Bennett, Byfield, West, Damms relatives are not members of this great forum. I have been looking just about every day for at least ten years from here...
Back