• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

Gameson cycles

Ps, I've just bought the book "dancing up hills" written by Frances Holland, wife or daughter I guess.
  2. G

Gameson cycles

Many thanks, I'm enjoying the research of this bike. The seat tube is 23.5 and the top tube 22.5, so definitely not Charlie's, although he may have helped Colin get hold of a suitable frame. I think Colin taught chemistry and ended up as a lecture at Liverpool poly. Tommy Godwin rode a Gameson...
  3. G

Gameson cycles

Hi, do you happen to know what your frame number was? Is possible Charlie Holland helped source this (frame no 204) for Colin Taylor, based on the description of the purchas she has given. However it is too big to have been one of the frames he'd of ridden.
  4. G

Gameson cycles

Ps, did you ever know a Colin Taylor, who moved to the Wirral.
  5. G

Gameson cycles

The Bill Gameson I have is currently on eBay and has a bid of £229 on it (which will all go the charity), the bidder is a local,wirral guy who also has a Major Nichols, so going to a good home by the sound of things.
  6. G

Gameson cycles

Hi John, thanks for the info, it sounds like it may possibly have been owned by Charlie Holland as lots of things seem to fit. Alan MN who has contributed to the classiclightweight pages says he rode a Major Nichols at some point. The Gameson I have has 23.5 seat tube with a 22.5 top tube, and...
  7. G

Gameson cycles

Hi Nigel, I have a Bill Gameson bike that has been donated to a cycling charity that I volunteer at. The person who donated it is not very well these days. He's a brummie who moved to the north west many years ago. His wife thinks he bought it from a famous cyclist called Charlie who had ridden...
  8. G

Gameson cycles

Hi, that's a great picture, I'd have liked to have ridden then on the quieter roads. This Gameson has a 57cm / 22.5" top tube, and is quite tall. I'm not sure if it was to get a more relaxed ride or it was custom made.
  9. G

Gameson cycles

Hi, I volunteer at a cycling charity on the Wirral, that supports people with disabilities. We recycle donated bikes to raise funds for new equipment etc. Sometime ago we had a Bill Gameson donated by a Colin Taylor, a brummie. I recently rediscovered it in an outhouse, which was quite exciting...
Back