• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Edward Holmes

Steelhouse Lane Police Station..the End Of An Era

Yes that would be good!
  2. Edward Holmes

Great pictures Lyn, brings back memories of the old place.
  3. Edward Holmes

I used to be a regular customer at the Lane, especially in the basement, I spent many a friday night down there and always loved the building. For those unfamiliar with the building, the bar was in the basement and we had many a great night down there.
  4. Edward Holmes

They'll probably turn it into a Wetherspoons. They seem to take over a lot of nice old important buildings.
  5. Edward Holmes

Aberdeen Street Winson Green

I was just looking at this photo of my old childhood home and am puzzled why there should be washing on our clothes line when no one lives there. The only thing I can think is that one of the houses in front still has occupants who are using the extra space maybe. We moved out at the end of...
  6. Edward Holmes

Brilliant, Thanks again Mike.
  7. Edward Holmes

Mike, could you tell me where you got this map from please? I want to get a similar larger map of the area including the Queens Head and overlay it onto a present day map so that I can work out from the pub, (which I believe is still there but not as a pub), where my house was in relation to...
  8. Edward Holmes

Thanks Lyn. I appreciate that.
  9. Edward Holmes

Lyn, thanks for the pic that's Brilliant. Mike is right they were 1 - 4 from right to left, so ours was third from right. We left around the end of 1971 to the beginning of 1972, so I think it's safe to say that no one moved in after us. It's changed the way I think, I take loads of photographs...
  10. Edward Holmes

Lyn, your pictures are bringing back so many memories that were lost in time, (or is that age in my case? Lol). You are Brilliant, Thank you so much!!! Oh and I agree, I wouldn't swap my childhood either. Our parents were proud people who did what they had to, to get by. I loved working with...
  11. Edward Holmes

Hi, I am also new to the site. I am Edward Holmes, (now known as Eddie), born in 1962 to Sarah Holmes. We moved to one of the back to back houses at 3/46 Aberdeen st around 1967 and left in 1971, it was a great house, me and my siblings slept in the attic. The house had a kitchen, living room...
Back