• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. W

Inge street 1861

Similat what I was trying to attach last night but my map was too many kb. Comparing, this with the Rates Map with house numbers, that the national Trust sent me, I would move the colored areas one block towards Hurst Street. The Court Mike marked is, I think, Court 10. House 8 was next to...
  2. W

Inge street 1861

Trying to attach a revised map but failing miserably. Must be doing something wrong Andy
  3. W

Inge street 1861

Hi Mike Excellent, you responded whilst I was printing and analysing your first version. I came to the same conclusion on which was court 2. I went through the 1861 census and put all the houses in Inge Street into a spreadsheet and I followed the house numbers up to the pub and deduced...
  4. W

Inge street 1861

Thanks Mike this looks to be just what I'm after. Looks like it will have Court 2 on it. Very grateful, guess I will look more closely at the site it comes from as well. Broadwoodwidger is actually about 4 miles away and very close to Roadford Lake (Reservoir). Guess, there are plenty of...
  5. W

Inge street 1861

Thanks for this John Looks like the Assembly Rooms and Tivoli were an early version of the Hippodrome. I read on Wikipedia that the Hipp was built about 1895. Not sure there are enough houses on the other side of Inge Street to cover no's 1 to 26 plus the many back courts in the 1861 census...
  6. W

Inge street 1861

Hi Folks, this is my first time on BHF so please forgive any early errors! I'm looking for a map with Inge Street before the Hippodrome was built. I have a family of Hills and Bents in Court 2 Inge Street in 1861, which I assume is on the opposite side to the NT Back to Backs. This side of the...
Back