• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

The Night Out, Holloway Head

We used to go to the Night Out in the early 80s. I think they opened about 8 pm. you had your meal(it was realy good grub) and the main caberet started about 11. Some of the acts we saw over the years were Brenda Lee,Norman Wisdom,The Grumbleweeds,Tony Christie,Vince Hill,Cannon & Ball and when...
  2. J

Bird Dealer

In the 1940/50s there was a shop in Bordsley Green (op.the Elite) who sold pigeons. Whould he have been classed as a bird dealer? Regards Joe
  3. J

Birmingham Cinemas

I was also born and bred in Small Heath(Cattell Road).It was interesting to see your list of cinemas,i think i have been to them all at some time or other in the 40s,50s &60. Do you know why on Sundays they would always show old films? I thik it was somethink to do with the law. Again many...
Back