• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. ray evason

SPIERS John b Birmingham 1903.

Hi MWS, AliceSpiers ( maiden name Slynn) had 5 children,Nellie,born1899, Charles born 1901 John born 13th Nov 1903,Alice born 1908 and Mary,born 1910,all born in Birmingham, their mother Alice died in 1914,and Nellie and Charles were sent to Canada on a Catholic immigration association programme...
  2. ray evason

Peter Walker Archives

As a new member can I say well done Jim,how is it going for you best of luck Ray Evasion.
  3. ray evason

Airships over Birmingham ?

Thanks dave , now I can boast,I've seen the Hindenburg !!! Best wishes ray.
  4. ray evason

hi lesg128,please view my reply to led, and postie,on my sighting of the airship over sparkbrook C1936,hope it adds something to the discusion , and more I formation flows in, Ray Evasion.
  5. ray evason

Hello postie and les,I Remember seeing the airship over sparkhill in about 1936,I would be about 5 years old, I lived in Long street ,can't remember seening any markings on it so don't know if it was British or German,it was flying along a line which would take it over Stoney lane,over Stratford...
Back