• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Boatwoman

Boatmen in Birmingham.

I am doing my family tree on Ancestry. A lot of my mum's side of the family are from Birmingham. I have discovered that my 2nd Great-Aunt Millicent Thacker BIRTH 31 OCT 1874 • Birmingham, Warwickshire, England, married John Edward Ryder 1896. John Edward Ryder was a boatman in Birmingham along...
  2. Boatwoman

Walter Owen

I have just found out that Walter Owen born Jan 1882, was a boatman. Occupation 1901 Boatman - Barge He apparently worked for a Thomas Beresford on the Birmingham canals. This is of a huge fascination to me because I started working on a boat in 2005 carrying coal and still liveaboard today...
  3. Boatwoman

Looking For Information On Stamford Or Stanfield

Hi I am researching my family on my mothers side and I am stuck. My Great Grand-father William John George Harris married a Rose Ellen Stamford or Stanfield. Rose was born about 1881 in Aston, Birmingham. They married about 1903. I would appreciate any help offered.
  4. Boatwoman

Harris Family Search

I am trying to find out information on the Harris family and Particularly my Grand father. Joseph Harris was born 8 Jan 1910 • 99 Dudley Road, Birmingham (Birmingham Workhouse Infirmary). Joseph was born in the infirmary part of the Birmingham Workhouse in Dudley Road. His birth was registered...
Back