• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. chazchas

aston sheds

Does anyone remember Fred Gibbs, who lived in Aston Church Rd, He was a driver, and always went about in his overalls, I fired for him once, and he only had two positions with the regulator, fully off or fully on, chunks of coal used to come out the chimney, I believe when the diesels came out...
  2. chazchas

Leigh Road School Washwood Heath

Just found this site, only ten years late at replying,went to leigh road school, left in 1963, friends were Terry vaughan, Roger Tovey, Peter Lodge, Alas Spears. Charles Harbone
  3. chazchas

aston sheds

Hi Mike,more than likely, there was always lads and girls down there, I occasionally went to leigh Rd School, hated it with a passion, often dragged there by my Farther when caught bunking off, my farther was a taxi driver, and his cab was parked out side the house in Aston Church Rd, You may...
  4. chazchas

aston sheds

Hi Mike Fantastic pictures, bought the memories flooding back, Thank you found these while searching, amazed to find this picture, the first one is where spend my child hood, many a hour on the bank, the second one will interest you, if you scroll down there is a picture of...
  5. chazchas

aston sheds

Hi Mike, vaguely, was this the branch that crossed the road on the bridge the bottom of the road by Arley road, we used to go onto the embankment by the viaduct putting pennies on the line, and there was a canal also, which I fell in more than once, my friends were Terry...
  6. chazchas

aston sheds

Sorry my name is Charles
  7. chazchas

aston sheds

we used to get up early Sunday mornings when the diversions were on,and it was still dark, and when a train was coming we used to run across the road halfway up the path to the signal box, and shine a torch to see the numbers, I think the signal box had been closed for some time before it burnt...
  8. chazchas

aston sheds

Hi all, searching about Aston sheds, I came across this forum, thanks for having me, when I left school at 15 in 1963, My brother in law who was a fireman got me a job at Aston loco sheds as a engine cleaner, and progressed as far as past cleaner, and did a fair bit of firing before the demise...
Back