• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Rogersan

manor house nechells

Hi lady P, Turns out that my dad was Terence chapmans best man at his wedding! I'll ask him if he's got any pics of that day. Astoness, Yes I noticed the your connection with Sarah. I'll ask my dad if he knows anything about her. My dad was born in 1931, long after Sarah's time, but maybe he...
  2. Rogersan

Police Horses

Hi Eddie. That's a great pic of the mounted unit. I'm enquiring for a friend whose grandad was in the first mounted police unit in Birmingham and based at Duke Street station. He was born in Glasgow in the 1890s, so I'm guessing he would have been in brum by the 1920s and possibly one of the...
  3. Rogersan

manor house nechells

Hello lady penelope, That's great! I wasn't sure if I'd get a reply as this thread is two years old. My cousin did an extensive search on the chapmans and has put together a nice family tree. This is on my grandmas side - Elsie, sister to Percy. I've come across your posts enquiring about the...
  4. Rogersan

manor house nechells

Hello chapman descendants, I've just joined here and it's all very interesting. One of my connections: Thomas Chapman - Henry Chapman (brother to Sara Chapman) - William Henry Chapman - Elsie Chapman (my grandma). I've been told that Thomas was a coach man and omnibus driver, Henry and...
Back