• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

George Dixons Grammar School

I also remember (but from GD Primary School) the Pedazurs, Brian Adams, Roger Leese and Mark Goldberg.Very sorry to hear about Michael - I remember sitting the King Edward's Scholarship exam with him. Needless to say, I failed! I was Cynthia Cottrell
  2. R

Indeed it was - I was Cynthia Cottrell - does that ring a bell? I remember Penny Cleaver, Noelle Bott, Pamela Forrest, Diane Crocombe - and so many others! Good to hear from you!
  3. R

Hi Christine, I posted a reply some time ago, but incorrectly, so that it appears later in this thread. I think we must have been in the same fo.rm. I was there 1963-70
  4. R

Hello Christine, We must have been in the same year but I was in 1E - Miss Sowman's form. I remember all the teachers you mention, as well as Mr Colley, the only male teacher, who taught Latin, and was teased mercilessly. Do you remember (very rare) dancing in the hall on wet lunchtimes to an...
  5. R

Hi Reggie, We must have been in the same form - I also started in Miss Sowman's 1E in 1963, though I stayed on till 1970, eventually becoming Head Girl! I also remember Miss McColl, Mr Colley (very shy), Mrs Chatwin, then Miss Yeats for French, Miss Curry (RE),Miss Barber (music) and many...
Back