• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

Erdington

Thoroughly enjoying looking at the old photos of Erdington. Both my parents were born there in 1911. My Mother in Wilton Road (she went to Aston Commercial School) and My father in Marsh Lane and I believe he went Osborne Rd. School. My grandmother (May Davies)used to take in washing from the...
  2. L

Prefabs

A great memory - I lived in Kimberley Road and my best friend lived in these prefabs at 2 Candytuft Road - I thought they were magical!
  3. L

Greys Department Store

Oh how wonderful - the shop opposite Grey's is (if I am not mistaken) Drages Furniture Store. My mother worked n the office there in the early 1950's
  4. L

Prefabs

Have wonderful memories of the prefab shops at Hobs Moat, "Hall Green Hardware" had tin baths hanging outside, Chadwicks (not sure what they were now!), a sweet shop/tobacconist (Dillons?) a little post office. Had a friend who lived at 2 Candytuft Rd/Lane off Rodney Road - a blast from the past!
  5. L

Auxiliary Fire Service

Hello, it is a long time since I was on the site but good to be back. My father was in the NFS and am attaching a photo taken on 21/04/1941 he was stationed at that time at NFS Station F/3x Shirley Road (according to his driving licence) his name Norman Green and he is standing far right middle...
Back