• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. throstle

Trunks, Hinges, Flowers & A Drum

All: Attached is a photo which shows the employees of a metalworking factory where many of my ancestors worked and lived. Indeed, several of my ancestors are probably in this photo but I don't know who and probably never will. It was taken on Hanley Street in Birmingham and the company was...
  2. throstle

Ames, Stokes & Stevens Of Hanley Street

Between 1871 - 1901 a set of Parkes ancestors lived on Hanley Street in Birmingham. Hanley St. still survives but, obviously, the slums of yesteryear have long gone. Address-wise they're listed anywhere from 26 - 37 Hanley Street and are as follows: Parents * Eliza Parkes/Weldin/Stokes (this is...
Back