• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. N

David Trevor - Help

Thank you for these messages. I will have a look at a possible Southam burial. I suspect Maurice's Mary Jane Trevor was Trevori's wife (born Mary Jane Lester). She predeceased him & he may be buried with her;so this is a very beguiling lead. The 1895 cutting is interesting because it shows...
  2. N

David Trevor - Help

Dear All Thus far, no luck in my search for David Trevor's grave. One possibility is that he (and his wife) are buried in St Martin's church Birmingham; his parents were married there and he was christened there. They may well have had a family plot in the churchyard. If anyone happens to be...
  3. N

David Trevor - Help

Janice Thank you; I fear you are probably correct :( Neophyte
  4. N

David Trevor - Help

There are one or two reports of his death in music hall/entertainment newspapers; the earliest was published on 20 December 1916, but no information as to where he was buried. I don't think the Birmingham Mail carried any reports. A death certificate would give the exact date of death, but I am...
  5. N

David Trevor - Help

Thank you for the replies; most helpful. I will try Perry Barr crematorium. As to being buried in another place, David's (third) wife died in 1915 and I suspect that if I locate her grave, I will locate his. I have tried Ashby de la Zouche and there is just a young son buried there, who died in...
  6. N

David Trevor - Help

David Trevor died in December 1916 in 'Aston'. The 1911 census had him living at 370 Green Lane Small Heath Birmingham. His wife Mary Jane Trevor had died in 1915, also in Aston. None of the main Birmingham cemeteries (Witton, Yardley, Lodge Hill, Brandwood End, Handsworth, Sutton Coldfield)...
Back