• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Witton and Perry Barr: Tamed Project

I am currently involved in a project called Tamed based in Witton and Perry Barry with the Environment Agency and MADE. From 2013 new flood defences will be built along the River Tame and artists and historians have been commissioned to get involved with the local communities, past and present...
  2. C

Drawn reconstructions of Birmingham old streets

Hi, I have been working on a reconstruction of some of Birmingham's inner streets how they looked in about 1851. I've done a few, all the north side of Ann Street, most of Paradise Street, about two thirds of New Street, and bits and bobs of others like High Street, Bull Ring, Worcester Street...
  3. C

Ann Street house numbers

Hi, I am trying to find out house numbers for the section of Ann Street where the Council House was built, starting with the crenelated building on the corner. Does anyone have any idea what the numbering was? Jenni
  4. C

Birmingham Central Library. What do you think?

I remember only a little of the revamping of Victoria Square and its surrounding area in 1993, definitely not in graphic detail and although I was 14 years old and should remember better, I cannot recall what it looked like before. How it is now, as far as my memory is concerned, is how it's...
  5. C

Coplow Street

Does anyone have any memories of Coplow Street in Winson Green/Ladywood? My family, the HARRIS's, lived there from the 1920's to the late 50's.
  6. C

Gladstone Road, Sparkbrook and the Taylor's

Hi, Was wondering if anyone knew anything about a ladies school at 117 Gladstone Road, from about 1880 to 1890 it was run by Alice and Ellen TAYLOR. Many of my ancestors lived on Gladstone Road at some point, including a married daughter, surname BRADLEY. My Great Uncle, now in his 90's...
Back