• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Bensons' Hardware Shop

I hope this is the correct thread.  Does anyone remember a shop called Bensons', it was a traditional old hardware shop that sold everything from paint to china tea sets.  I think it also sold furniture from the upstairs room.  The problem is I can't remember where it was!&nbsp...
  2. D

Smith - Smith marriage 1851

Hi, according to family search my husbands 2 x great grandmother Maria Smith [that was her maiden name] married William Smith on 8 November 1851 at St Martins. I wonder if anyone has any more information especially her fathers name. Many thanks Jan
  3. D

legal/illegal marriages

Hi, could I have your advice/comments on this puzzle I have come across in my research. I have an ancestor who married in 1782/1793/1800, his three wives all had the same surname and they all came from the same small village. The first two marriages were at that village and the resulting...
  4. D

Beechcroft House 15 Belle Walk Moseley

Hi, I wonder whether anyone out there has any memories or knowledge of Belle Walk, Moseley. I am most interested in the time around 1956 and in particular number 15, which I believe is no longer there. I am wondering whether it was a private house / rented house / bed and breakfast or...
  5. D

Church Service before burial

Hi, as this is my first post I hope I am doing it correctly. Does anyone know if a person was buried in one of the Birmingham cemetaries between say 1870 and 1930 would they have had a church service first ( and be listed in that churches register) or would they have just had a service at the...
Back