• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Davies, George Alfred - Butcher born 1861 Birmingham

I think I have solved my mystery anyway Lyn - after explaining the certificates so much in the thread I was convinced Ellen was married how be it that I can't find the record, may be married abroad or outside England & Wales. My next lead was to try once more to find them in the 1901 & this time...
  2. B

No Florence is the one sitting far right dressed in a dark colour - her mother Ellen is seated just above her. Florence was born in 1888 so is about 16 years old . The little girl in the white hat is Emily Eva Davis known as Eva she is one of Florence's cousins Sadly Elsie died in 1893. Any...
  3. B

I hadn't picked that information so thanks for that I didn't realise the records on the family search were so up to date most baptisms I looked up finished about 1850. I picked up Margaret from when she was with the family at the Bell Inn - I thought Eric was there too but I can't find the...
  4. B

I have also done research into Florence's children & there were actually 3 - Frank Philip 1911-1995. Eric Gordon 1917-1976 & Margaret F Barlow 1918-1989 - I agree with your findings re their marriages so there may be no direct descendants so it may rely on me finding Ellen & Florence in 1901.
  5. B

I have both birth certificates & neither have a blank for the father's name which is the normal practice & both say under mother Ellen Davies formerly Davis - no confusion re the spelling there. if it wasn't for the fact I can't find the marriage it all looks normal - when Florence marries...
  6. B

I have read that some marriages are registered at a local level & not been recorded at the main GRO index or it could have been incorrectly entered. One of my theories was that as she was living at the Red Lion in Bromsgrove when she registered the birth she may have been connected to them & she...
  7. B

Thank you for your information re the George Davies will look into those further when I sign up for Ancestry - Elsie is born in Derby & registered by license in Bromsgrove, she & Ellen are staying at the Red Lion Pub on the birth certificate & must stay in Bromsgrove as the christening is...
  8. B

Ellen states she is a widow on the marriage certificate but then goes on to say Benjamin is also in the butcher trade when all other census says the Pub Trade!
  9. B

I started a thread when I first joined looking for the 1st husband of my great aunt Ellen Davis born 1865 in Welford on Avon. Each year I come back to query & since my thread I have found out more information: George (Alfred or H or T or A) Davies When first born Elsie Ellen Davies was...
Back