• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

G H Elliott - music hall performer

G.H.Elliott's only film appearance was in the 1934 Twickenham Film Studio's movie 'Music Hall'. Directed by John Baxter and starring George Carney, Ben Field and Mark Daly. George sings his famous chorus song 'Sue, Sue, Sue' and there is a brief backstage glimpse of him with his manager and...
  2. M

Thanks Morturn. Will do. Mike
  3. M

Hi Jane. Not visited this site for some time and was really pleased to see your message. My mum was kath (Cis) the second of Bill and Maggie Street's six children. Mum died in January 2014 and the year before she was reminiscing about your family. I remember her telling me a son of one of...
  4. M

Hello Heidi Nice to hear from you. Email me and I will send some biographical info and pictures across to you. Best wishes Mike
  5. M

No - I never knew that Dale. Do you know what sort of hall it was and how long he had it ? Would love to see those original Elliott music hall posters. How far do they go back and where were the venues ? They are getting so very hard to find these day's . Those that I have seen are so...
  6. M

Hello Heidi I'm a great nephew of June Elliott- GHE's second wife who was my mum's aunt on her paternal side. After June died I bought what remained of her and GH's personal photo archive from her stepson Alan who was going to auction them. Since then I have enjoyed researching their lives...
Back