• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

February 2013 edition Story of Ashted

Yes my mom took us to Dr Tighe’s surgery and her mom (my grandmother) took her to Dr Tighe’s father before that. We didn’t live in Ashtead Row but all mom’s family lived in Duddeston so we were always up and down on the bus.
  2. P

Bring back Kunzle showboats

Oh goodness I remember Kunzles. I worked at an insurance company in the early 70s near Five Ways and on Friday pay day a Kunzle cake was my treat at lunchtime. I loved Wimbushes too their trifles in the little white card dishes were wonderful.
  3. P

Bishop Ryder Junior And Infant School

Hi everyone. My name was Pat Brown and I went to Bishop Ryder school between 1953-58 along with my brother Dereck. We lived in the fire station at the top of Gem Street. I used to love going into the church next door at Christmas and harvest festival. I too went round the corner to Kyle Hall for...
  4. P

Brown Pat

Hello everyone Brilliant news. I have found Christine Joyes and we have started emailing. We now have 60 years to catch up on. I am absolutely thrilled. Thank you for your help couldn’t have happened without this site. Pat
  5. P

Brown Pat

Thank you Janice, I have found how to change my email address, is this how you do a PM?
  6. P

Brown Pat

I tried to update my email address but couldn’t find how to and it looks like I should have said I would accept emails. I put my email address out of desperation I never thought Christine would see my post.
  7. P

Brown Pat

Just so she knows it is me my mom and dad were Bill and Kath.
  8. P

Brown Pat

Hi, i don’t know if anyone is still looking at this thread but I have just seen Christines message. Unfortunately my email address was compromised and I had to open a new account. In case anyone is still here and knows how to get in touch with Christine . I am desperately trying to get in touch...
  9. P

Central Fire Station Hq

Hi Aggie Was great to see your photos. I don't know if you have seen my post. I lived at Central from about 1948/9 until 1962. We lived in flat 38 and for the last few years in flat 42. I was a baby when we moved there. My dad was Bill Brown and my mom Kathleen. Pat
  10. P

Central Fire Station Hq

Hi everyone. Have just found this site and oh what memories! I think I was about one or two years of age when my mom and dad moved into Central (1948/9) and stayed there until I was 15 when we moved to a Fire Brigade house at Perry Common. We lived on the top floor of the balconies in Flat 38...
Back