• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Winson Green prison

Hi had a relative in prision at Winston Green Prison in 1911, can anyone tell me if I could get his records to see what he had done. He was from Aston and up till that point had a good buisness in the area. Im researching the family at Birmingham Central Library would they hold these records...
  2. A

Writing on the back of an old photo

Hello anyone able to give me a few ideas on how to read very faded pencil lead message on the back of a photo. The photo is from about 1910 give or take a few years. We can read bits of the message, if I can read the other line I think it will give me a clue to who is on the photo . Thanks...
  3. A

Map of Aston manor

Hi any one point me in the direction of finding a map of Aston manor about 1911, doent matter if its earlier. Most of the street names are still in the area today but odd roads went with redevelopment. Trying to figure out where the family lived, mostly around Clifford St and William St. Ta...
  4. A

John Whybrow Photos

Hello Does any one know about a photograher called John Whybrow. Today when looking in a charity shop I came across two wonderful large photos in nice frames of photos in aston, because of my family connection with Aston I bought them for under ten pounds. Im not bothered about if they are...
  5. A

Jewish burails

Hi any one be able to tell me where I would find out about Jewish burials between 1920 and 1950. I guess it would be in Birmingham, the family lived in Aston. Harry hunt b 1870 wasnt born into the Jewish faith so could I find out when he converted. Thanks Adele :)
  6. A

Temple family

Hello Was wondering if any one can help me, I have info on births for the family I know where they were born but the entries on the family research site read as parents being Guliemi Temple and Elizae Kindon. That being William Temple and Eliza Kindon. I have found this on births in Birmingham...
  7. A

Woolwich Barracks

Hello, I realise Woolwich Barracks is way outside our area, I had a relative who served as a corparal back in 1860 in London. Would any one be able to point me the direction of a web site that might hold more info on the men serving at this time. Thanks Adele:)
  8. A

Charge of the light brigade

Hello to all you good folks out there. Im trying to do a favour for some one over seas who had a relative who served and survived the the charge of the light brigade. She has no ideas where to try and find out more about him, can any one help . His name was Weneslaus or Wenzel Vaclaz Preucil...
  9. A

Online family tree makers

Hi anyone recomend a good family tree maker, i have been doing the family tree on ancestry but if i stop the subscription i wont be able to get to my records. So im after a family tree maker that i would be able to put the tree on and well i dont really know what else you can do on them. All...
  10. A

Marriage of James Kindon

HI Any one able to look up a marriage between a James Kindon and Sarah. To be honest i have no idea what year or what church. Shot in the dark a marriage about 1818 to 1824, im assuming that it took place in Birmingham so maybee St Martins or St Phillips. Thankyou Adele
  11. A

Aston Parish Monumental Inscriptions

Hello seasons greetings to all and many thanks for all the help everyone has given me over the last few months. Todays request if any one can help. Sarah Annie Watson died 22 November 1896, her husband John Watson died 6 September 1904, i wondered if there is an entry for the burials on the...
  12. A

Henry Roe Shoe Maker

HI was wondering if you could look up and see if Henry Roe is listed in a directory. He was a shoe maker boot maker all of his working life. He was in Halesowen in 1881 but had moved into Moorsom street Birmngham in 1891. He died in 1896 so im not sure when he gave up work. Thankyou Adele
  13. A

Edward Thomas

Hello me again. Have an Edward Thomas who on the 1881 census is living on Burbury / Lozells street at the Queens head pub. Was wondering if he was still in charge of the pub in 1883 , he died a few years later but sometimes is down as a letter cutter. Confusing hey. Thanks Adele
  14. A

Kindon James

Hi I really need help to find the birth of James Kindon born about 1795 to 1801 in or around Stourbridge, one census says he came from Lovington. Just would like to find an entry in parish records so i could try and work back on his parents family. A few other people have been working on the...
  15. A

James Everitt

Hi any one able to look up 13 Halls Street Coventry for a James Everitt, he was a Hairdresser for 20 years in the same house or property. Just wondered if its listed. Thanks Adele
  16. A

Birth Look Up Edward Thomas

Hi Wondering if you could help with a look up for Edward Thomas born 1823, sorry thats all the info i have, I do not know who his parents are. Im not sure this was the his church but later i believe he lived in the area. Not much to go on Sorry. Adele
  17. A

John Watson tailor

Hi Im trying to find out if John Watson b1832 Rugeley worked for himself or someone else. I have found most of the family history on him, his wives and kids . He lived in the aston area and at the time of his death was a Tailor Journeyman. I just was trying to figure out if he had his own...
  18. A

aston made motorbikes and cycles

Hi anyone know what makers were in the Aston area, my grandads family worked on cycles and motorbikes during the the 1890s and early 1900. Thanks Adele
  19. A

Park Road Sutton Coldfield

Hello We have a death certificate for a William Kindon who died at Denmark Villa(Im sure thats the name of the villa but could be wrong) in 1902. Only one side of the road now has the old style houses, the other side has newer style appartments most likely built sometime in the 70s. Can anyone...
  20. A

help with a death

Hello My great grandfather x 3 Alfred Charles Preece was born in 1865 Woolwich kent, we have his birth certificate so know his parents and siblings. My problem is the death certificate, nan had always told mom her dad had died when she was 13, that would be 1913. I have been in contact with...
Back