• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Shelley James Christopher

Hi Peter, Have just met up with my cousins (Gladys and Dulcie's) daughters. We are still looking for a copy of the book, however we have located some info which may be of interest to you. 1) A photo of "A" Company football team, winners of the inter-company football trophy season 1913-14. All...
  2. J

Hi Peter, Not a problem, have only recently started looking at family history, (since retiring) If you want any info about James' family please ask. Jim.
  3. J

Hi Peter, Good point, I have asked Dulcies' daughter if she has a copy. She will let me know.
  4. J

Hi Peter, It was in Carl Chinn's Old Brum, a Birmingham evening mail special publication 26th August 1997. Jim.
  5. J

Hi Peter, Have just seen my cousin (Gladys' daughter) She has a copy of a newspaper, I think it is called "Good Old Brum" There is an extract of Dulcies book in the edition dated 26th August 1997. I dont know if you can get a copy. Regards, Jim.
  6. J

Hi Peter, Thanks for the reply. I am in regular contact with Dulcie's youngest daughter, Alison. I have asked her if she has a copy. Dulcie is still alive (93 yrs young) sadly she is in a care home suffering like so many from Alzheimers, so her memory is virtually nil. My other cousin Vicky...
  7. J

Inkerman St Vauxhall

Hi Wally, Thanks for the reply, He had a younger sister called Olive who was born in 1927, I am not sure when they left Alma Crescent. Jim
  8. J

Inkerman St Vauxhall

Hi Wally, My Father used to live in Alma Crescent, he also went to Loxton st school. He was born in 1921, his name was Norman Hicken.
  9. J

Hi Peter, Just to confirm his middle name was Christian, All the family thought it was Christopher until he applied for a passport in 1966!!
  10. J

Hi Peter, Are you still looking for relatives of James Christian Shelley, He was my Grandfather, and Dulcie Hawkins my Aunt. His eldest daughter Amanda Lillian was my mother. Regards, Jim
Back