• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Busby’s Bric-a-Brac

I remember Busby's it was a second hand shop,I remember buying a dansette record player and the lady who owned the shop allowed me to save for it by putting 10 shillings a week away untill I had enough to pay for it.I think the year was 1963/64.
  2. P

Cant Find Photos Of A Street/rd ??

Hi I Would love to see these photos of Linwood cottages and St Lukes Road as I lived there in the 1950s.
  3. P

Pitt & Swatkins

Hi Steph I am retired now when I left Pitt & Swatkins in1972 I went to work for post office telephones and worked there for nearly 40 years will always be grateful to Wilfred and Stan for taking me on after leaving school I have great memories of my time there.kind regards Patrick.
  4. P

Pitt & Swatkins

Hi Steph Thanks for getting back to me yes I remember Wilfred and Stan they gave me my first full time job after leaving school if Jeremy calls in can you say hello my name is Patrick Garland and thanks again for your replies.
  5. P

Pitt & Swatkins

hi Steph I worked at Pitt & Swatkins 1963 to 1972 I worked in the maker up shop along side Joe Allchurch Robert Hill and David Jones would love to know how Richard,Jeremy and Nicholas Swatkins are doing.
  6. P

Linwood Cottages St Luke's Road.

Looking for photos of Linwood cottages.
  7. P

Pitt & Swatkins

Looking for people who worked here in the 1960's.
Back