• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. debbpic

Charles Winn (valves) Ltd

Yes it was when they were bringing in some machine and the chain/ rope broke and it dropped on his foot
  2. debbpic

Thank you John so much. Do you remember the accident my dad had? We’re you there then? I don’t remember it as I was only young but the story is horrible and he never walked properly afterwards. He broke every bone in his foot!
  3. debbpic

I wonder John, if you remember much about my Dad? I know it was over 50 years ago but I love the stories about him. I miss them and him. Do your remember his secretary Terry? I met her once I think when I was about 5/6 and thinking how glamorous she was.
  4. debbpic

John, thank you for your memories. It means a lot to me. You worked in our house in HLS! That’s amazing. I was only small....about 4. My brothers would have been 9 and 14. It’s a shame my dad isn’t on that photo.
  5. debbpic

Thank you. I definitely remember the name Alf Chaplin. Are you saying there was NO CW in Sunderland?
  6. debbpic

Yes he did
  7. debbpic

Contender for Birmingham's Greatest Sports Person

Hi. Do you have any info on Jem Walder? Walder was my maiden name. I know there was a bare knuckle fighter in my family
  8. debbpic

Hi. This thread is of interest to me as my father worked for Charles Winn for years. I think he started working there in the 50’s but not 100% certain. I know that in approx. 1966 he was asked to relocate to Sunderland to open their new factory there, making predominantly ships valves. I was...
Back