• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Key Hill Cemetery

We have recently discovered that we have a relative buried in Key Hill. I have tried phoning for a map of the area but to no avail, Does anybody have one so that we can locate the grave. We have the burial/grave number. The relative was a aunt who died at 17 hours old so i'm assuming she would...
  2. A

Aberdeen St in the 50s.

Hi all. I haven't been on here for a while. Hope all is well. I was born in Aberdeen St. Winson Green 1951. I remember hard times growing up. We lived at 6/125. We walked up the big yard to gain entry to our house. I remember the outside loo and the brew house. I can't remember there being a...
  3. A

I Need A Map Of Aston/ Hockley 1960s

I am looking for a street map of Aston/Hockley in the 1960s. Can anybody help me please. Where would i have to go to find one ? .. Many Thanks Aggy
  4. A

Barnett William

I have posted this before but with a bit of luck i may have more success this time. I am looking for as much information as possible about my husband's grandfather William Barnett. born approx 1891. I have a marriage certificate for him,( he married Honor Massey 1912.). I am trying to find a...
  5. A

Picture Restoration

could anybody possibly restore this photo to its former glory??could anybody possibly restore this photo to its former glory??
  6. A

What regiment was my father-in-Law in.

We. have recently obtained my father-in-Laws army service records. I have looked over them and although there appears to be a lot of information, i cant seem to find out what regiment he was in. From what i understand he left the army then re-joined. His numbers were T180446. no 11 centre . ARO...
  7. A

Raglan Road Handsworth

I have recently been to visit Raglan Road Handsworth. My mother in Law was born at number 3. in 1918. I was wondering if these houses are the original ones from that date, would anyone know. It would be great to take some pictures to show my mother in Law, she has dementia it may with her memory...
  8. A

Army service medals

During his army career, my Father-in-Law was awarded 8 medals... 1913/45 Star, Africa Star, 8th Army Clasp, Italy Star, Defence Medal, War Medal, Korea Medal and UN Korea Medal. Unfortunately he did what a lot of men did on their return to civvy street. The medals were pawned and never...
  9. A

Finding the Downing family

I have recently re-joined the BHF. i have been looking through some of my old posts. I put one on about finding my husbands family . His father was dennis ( Dinky) Downing. Dennis had brothers who all had nicknames. Cocker , Popeye and Rolo. Unfortunately i was on holiday when i received an...
Back