• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Studley Street, Sparkbrook

Hi Peaky, just going through my family history material and have come across your uncle's name. Lenny Preston was my dad's (Walter Perkins) best man at his wedding to my mom (Beryl Perkins). He witnessed the marriage on certificate.
  2. R

Ladywood Road School

Apologies Ladywood Road School
  3. R

Which school in Sparkbrook ?

Thanks Viv. I think my dad was either at Ladypool Road National or Clifton Road School. Rob
  4. R

Ladywood Road School

HI I'm trying g to find out if there are any public records showing which school my father went to in the early 1930s. He lived in Studley Street and I think he may have attended Ladypool Road School but want to make sure by trying to find out if there are any pupil records. Thanks Rob Perkins
  5. R

Which school in Sparkbrook ?

School records Hi can you advise if there are pupil records held anywhere for Birmingham schools? My father lived in Studley St, Sparkbrook from 1925 and I’m trying to find which school he went to. thanks Rob Perkins
  6. R

I'm looking for more detail about life in Studley Street, Sparkbrook and especially anyone who remembered the Perkins family that lived initially at 3 back of 27 Studley Street and latterly at 35 Studley Street. My paternal grandmother Emily Perkins (known to all as Pem) lived there with her...
  7. R

Hi Vernon. My paternal grandmother, Emily Perkins - known as Pem - lived at number 3 back of 27 Studley Street immediately after the war with my grandfather Arthur William Perkins. Pem's story is typical of many women of the age because this was her third marriage. Her first marriage ended with...
Back