• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

Transport Companies in Birmingham.

hi my dad worked his way up from driver to transport manager with overland transport from early 60s untill just befor sold out to i think walkers? no thay never run coachs but thay did drive them for james coachs old joe hands started overland then his son donald and my dad dennis started...
  2. K

How Well Do You Know The Forum's Old Pics ?

aston hipperdrom / barton arms?
  3. K

info on Barbarella's and Peppermint Place nightclubs

Barbarellas was on oozells st 100%
  4. K

Overlay Map

hi i got this one of this site https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/sidebyside.cfm#zoom=15&lat=52.5394&lon=-2.0391&layers=10&right=BingHyb
  5. K

Afro-caribbean Shops, Restaurants And Clubs - Old And New

I can remember a few clubs from late 70s/early 80s 1 Tabasco Aston which was on the corner of Witton lane and Holt rd three converted houses right opp the holt pub this burt down and demolished thay built a new club on the corner of Church rd and Bourne rd which did not last long just not the...
  6. K

Masshouse Circus

it looks like priory queensway / jameswatt queensway now all gone the building an the right is aston uni more st station straight ahead
  7. K

Transport Companies in Birmingham.

hi sticher i no this is an old post Overland contracts was started but a guy named joe hands who use to drive coaches for a firm in acocks green i think it was (james coaches) which is where my dad first met him after his dmob joe set up with one truck and buit up and moved to lincon rd which...
  8. K

Canals of Birmingham

No sorry there was some but thay went to usa with my mother along with all the family photos of when we were young who saddly passed away some 8 years ago and never seen again
  9. K

Canals of Birmingham

my dad had the heave haulage transport yard (called overland transport) on other side of this bridge back in the 6os
  10. K

Small heath

Hi Walt my name is Rosemarie I am Sheila's daughter. Alice was my grandmother. Alice was married to Duncan a Scots man but she actually came from County Durham. Sadly Reg died. Did you know a Terrence Brown who dated my mum? Kingsley is just my user name.
  11. K

Small heath

Did you know a Alice and Sheila MacRae? They lived at 9 back of 28 Regents Park Road.
  12. K

Small heath

I was born in Regents Park Road in 1963 in a "back to back" I was just wondering if anyone knows if the woman behind the fence was called "Lizzie" I recall a large family and their mother was "Lizzie" I also recall an old man called "Ted" and his labrador called "Pat"
Back