• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

Found another one. This must be about 1895/6 as my Grandfather Reginald Burgess was born in 1890. The other children are his brother and sister Percy and Jessie and the lady is Eliza their mother. She was widowed.
  2. L

Oakley Road School Small Heath

No External photos but these might be recognized by somebody
  3. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

The "R" in my grandfather's name was Roland it was after his mother's maiden name which was Rowlands. I am doing the Burgess family tree but so far have found no connection. Perhaps when I get back far enough I will find one!
  4. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

The Parents of Reg Burgess were James Joseph Burgess and Eliza Burgess
  5. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

Bit late replying sorry!!! yes you can use photos, no problem.
  6. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

Does anyone know when the houses were built in Bolton Road
  7. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

I remember the faggot and pea shop but didn't know he ladies name was Mrs Adams. I don't remember the other families - sorry
  8. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

No Sorry he was not called Ronald and no shops in Sparkhill
  9. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

Hi Carole, yes I remember Georgie Deacon and Carole Cross, but Sheila Taylor escapes me. The name seems familiar but I can't recall a face. I also remember a family with The surname Chinn but not sure where they lived.
  10. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

Thanks that's lovelly
  11. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

The boy is my brother, the girl on the right is my cousin and the girl by the cat is me about 1955.The next picture shows where the annex used to be it was hit by a bomb so this one is just after the war. The next one is about 1952 or 3 shows me in my Grandmothers arms my brother and the tall...
  12. L

Bolton Road, Small Heath

Hi, I am new to the forum, I found this almost straight away! The shop was owned by my grandfather Reginald Burgess and I lived there until I was eight, I went to Oakley Road school. This certainly stirred up some memories
Back