• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Tilton Road bordesley green

Hi Graham, you did well there mate ,i thought you may struggle a little was it the initials that did the trick? I was,nt too sure if you,d know my family or not.Did i get your mums name right,i think i did. So good to hear from you ,hope you,ve had a good and happy life mate. Like you i,ve...
  2. B

Hi Graham,now iv,e offered to give you clues i can,t think of any that would help you!!! I,ll give you 1 or 2 then i,ll have to do the big reveal.:) I lived at the bottom end of Wolseley street( number 94) i had (at the time) 2 sisters Glennis and Jacqueline( whom you may remember) and a brother...
  3. B

I thought you may be,its been a long time since i last saw you( about 55years) !!!!! Do you want me to give clues as to my identity or should i just tell you,don,t worry mate you don,t owe me any money.:):)
  4. B

Alma Street Junior & Infants

Hi Linda,firstly i,d like to say what a fantastic memory you have. What i would like to ask you is(a huge longshot,i know) would you know if the biscuit lady Mrs Hands had a son named Michael ? and if she would be likely to still be with us. Michael was my best mate all those years ago (60)...
  5. B

Wolseley Street Small Heath

Thanks for that Mikejee,much clearer now will get back to shelley 69. Phil don,t suppose you know what number houses these were would you? Thanks.:)
  6. B

Hi Shelly69, i cant place where number 55 was,who were your immediate neighbours? Nice to hear from you by the way.:):)x
  7. B

Are You Graham Keegan by any chance?
  8. B

Small Heath Streets

Hi Gary,unfortunately there is a rather long time between posts being read so i may be 6ft under by the time you read this!!!!! I knew Fred and Joyce Reynolds very well,i was friends of Melvyn and Bryn.To be honest i can vaguely remember your name,but cant put a face to it.:) Anyway mate if you...
  9. B

A bit of a clue for all you posters on this thread( MALCOLM SADLER = BLUEMACK) JACKIE SADLER= I,M YOUR BROTHER!!!!!!!!! RAYMOND FISHER............NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU MATE,HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL.:) GARY CUTLER...........KNOW THE NAME BUT CANT PUT A FACE TO YA BUDDY. ACER.............I REMEMBER...
  10. B

Garrison Lane School

hi,was garrison lane school aka tilton rd school? lovely photo by the way
  11. B

thank magaret,much appreciated.xx
  12. B

does anyone have any memories of wolseley st small heath? i lived at number 94 from 1959 to about 1972 ish.also any photo,s of tilton rd school (teachers if possible) and ada rd school again teachers or pupils if poss.thanks in ancticipation.
  13. B

Old Birmingham

are you sure thats not moor st station looking towards digbeth?
  14. B

hi again,tryed to find pics but not very adept on computer.malx
  15. B

i dont think i read the first page of my reading book!! thats fascinating that you,ve still got yours,i,m struggling for memories about alma st to be honest ,i did drive over there about 10 years ago but i could,nt remember any of it.its really nice to be conversing with someone who attended...
  16. B

BAD MEMORIES FROM SCHOOL

be fun now though.
  17. B

hi lyn ,i,m another who attended alma st school from 1958 till about 1961 then we UPGRADED!!!!!!!!!!! to small heath.i remember mr hinchliffe but thats about it,i dont recall it being a school for girls as well but i would,nt have been noticing girls then i suppose!!my name is mal sadler and i...
  18. B

hi silhouette i also went to alma st school and started the same year as yourself, i remember the head master mr hinchliffe and thats about it ,was there a miss sharp? as for other kids i can only remember 1 name ,michael hands.(any ideas) my name is mal sadler and i lived in alma st also.look...
Back