• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

Miller St. Garage.

Just to say the old BCT garage at Miller St. Aston is now empty of all buses and looks like will now be demolished:cry: There goes another part of Birmingham transport history! where will it all end?
  2. T

Acocks Green AEC Regents

In the very early sixties i worked in Hay Mills. I used to get the No.8 bus in Victoria Street, Bordesley Green, get off top of Muntz Street and round the corner to get a 58 or 60 to Hay Mills. Some mornings i used to get a AEC Regent running up to the Swan Yardley then it used to go to Acocks...
  3. T

Wilco Manufacturing.

Any body remember Wilco's in Francis Road Hay Mills? I worked there from 1961 till 1972, it was my first job after leaving school and i started as a machine minder. Fond memories of Len and Fred Willmot who owned the factory. Many people come into your life,some go quickly and some leave...
Back