• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Podcasts : What Are Podcasts ?

Hi Rod, So enjoyed the podcast thank you will use it again.
  2. A

Hall Of Memory - Online Remembrance Books

How lovely to see the Hall of Memory on line. So many more people can look up friend and family. Thank you so much for letting us all know.
  3. A

Victorian Sentiment

Thank you, as a poem the words are wonderful as well
  4. A

Bring back Kunzle showboats

My Dad liked to shop at Barrows in Birmingham on his way home from work, wonderful cheese. Dad worked for Frederick Marsden in Cannon Street. They then moved to Coventry and Dad travelled every day by bus. Annie
  5. A

Some Soldiers Postcards Home

Hi Louisa, I see by your post you are researching the Ellis family. My Maiden name is Ellis I was bought up in Handsworth. The rest of the family seem to come from Kings Norton that way. If I cane help sent me a mp. Annie.
  6. A

Arley Barley

My what memories : I remember Ackey 123 before touching base. Annie
  7. A

Handsworth Cemetery

Such a nice day today we went to Handsworth Cemetery. Enclosing a map of the old part of the cemetery. Annie
  8. A

Handsworth Cemetery

Hi Jennyann, Sorry I posted it in the wrong place, I was getting carried away. Will try what you have suggested,and thank you Annie.:biggrin:
  9. A

Handsworth Cemetery

Hi All, Its me again. Has anyone a map of Handsworth Cemetery please or can you tell me were I can obtain one, that is present day. Really getting back into it again now. Annie.:)
  10. A

Ellis N/Z

I'm being cheeky now, but nothing ventured nothing gained. My G.Grandfather (Thomas Ellis) was born 1825. in Birmingham Warwick. Emigrited to N/Z don't know when. Married a Marian Cummings, had a son Thomas Ashley Ellis born on a sheep station called Ashley Gorge G.G. was the owner of the...
  11. A

Sorrento Hospital Nursing Home

Thanks to all those that replied; You were right Colin B, it should have read Wake Green Road I had a senior moment; I'll save the information for my journal. They always say ,"There's a bit of truth there somewhere" Thanks again. Annie
  12. A

Sorrento Hospital Nursing Home

I've been reading some of the your older posting on the Sorrento Hospital. My father told me, his father ( my grandfather) had a house built and that it turned out to large, it was sold , and became the Sorrento Hospital. His father (my great grandfather) lived at The Grange, Wake Field...
Back