• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Davidsteam

Aston WW1 Roll Call

Where is this information located ?, I cant see an obvious link
  2. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Another family member checked out Daisy on Ancestory, yes another Smith we had no knowledge of. So another big thank you to all of you who have looked. David
  3. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Hello to you all, Ive not looked in for a while as I have been persuing other avenues. This is fantastic news! I am really impressed, these are definately 'my Smiths' ; Harold is my grandfather, His brother Stanley was born in USA, the explanation of his baptisim two years later, the family...
  4. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Ive emailed the Royal Warwickshire museum, hopefully something may come from it. I aslo deduce that Albert was born after 31/3/01 as hes not mentioned on the census, and died on 26/9/18 before his 18th birthday, so its time to buy one of two possible birth certificates. David
  5. Davidsteam

War Memorials

I wonder if there would be any mention of Albert's funeral in local papers of the time, to verify the above supposition?
  6. Davidsteam

Sherlock Street

Would number 10 have been a similar property? As I've found a census entry for 1901 which has a family connection. David
  7. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Trying to tie this information to parents or address is going to be the difficult part. No uniform photos, only the private grave at Brandwood End, with the same dates as his death certificate. His older brothers were in the Royal Artillery, so I would have expected him to follow them. The...
  8. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Research in the last few days have come up with some information about Albert. As he was gassed and his death certificate makes no reference to war service, so he may well have held a Silver war badge, so a check of Albert Smith, discharge date and age came up with First name(s) Albert Last...
  9. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Indeed Stanley was born in Connecticut USA 1897, didnot have a UK passport until the late 1940s. I wonder if the 'a' I have seen in some records refers to alien or american? The Smith family left the UK in 1896, but returned sometime around 1901 for reasons unknown, the most likely being ill...
  10. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Maurice This is interesting, as again Harry & Henry, do not mean anything to me, but Emma Turley, does figure in the picture. I will need to double check my filing system to see where this is going. I really would like to find out about Albert and his army service. David
  11. Davidsteam

War Memorials

I should add that Both Harold and Stanley left local government service sometime in the mid 1920s to carry out similar duties in the West Riding of Yorkshire, before heading to SE London in 1936.
  12. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Hi Maurice This is very interesting. Stanley Smith is the middle brother, Albert was the youngest, Harold, my Grandfather being the eldest. They had a sister Mary Ann Smith (daughter of a Mary Ann). In the 1911 census, the family lived at 48 Cattell Road Aston. The head of the family was James...
  13. Davidsteam

War Memorials

14. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Thanks Maurice. Two had transcriptions which unfortunately did'nt help. I am facing an uphill struggle to find out about Albert Edward Smith. Died 26/9/1918 at 198 Formans Road Sparkhill Birmingham. Albert was only 17 when he died, gassed in the Great war. His death certificate states, cause of...
  15. Davidsteam

War Memorials

Is there a register of Great war memorials, around the Sparkhill district, or even better a transcription of their content?
  16. Davidsteam

Palser Family

These are the photos referred to in post 22, I believe these to be George Palser (1822-1907) His wife Was a Maria Eliza Chinery (b 1821). I doubt they the next generation c 1850-1914, or the previous generation c1792-c1867. So my questions are: 1) Has anybody else a copy or seen these photos...
  17. Davidsteam

Palser Family

Maurice, Ive just received some of my original research back along with photocopy photographs in the post, along with additional research from the elderly gent in Birmingham., I recall him telling me he was looking for a connection to the Gloucestershire Palsers) George Frederick 1849-1914...
  18. Davidsteam

Palser Family

Thank you Alberta, I am amazed at the speed of your response. I last researched the Palsers in 1995, I met a distant relation and his information neatly dovetailed with mine. This information was moved to safe keeping and subsequently became lost to me. That relation is now not in good health...
  19. Davidsteam

Palser Family

I am looking for information on another branch of the Palser family around Sparkbrook. I am researching George Frederick b 1849, d 16/5/14 married to Mary Ann b 1850, d 13/1/14. Their children, George Silvanus d 23/7/1942 and Florance Kate d 28/12/1922. They share a grave in Lodge Hill cemetery...
Back