• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. mikeflan

New Street Station Platform 3

I'm certain I'm on an impossible task here , but does anyone have a photo of Platform 3 taken from Platform 6 without any locos in the shot and would be possibly 1950's era......? it may possibly have the back view of Queens Hotel as well and although , too much to be expected to be a colour...
  2. mikeflan

New Street Station Platform 1a 1950's

This is really a long shot I know, but I wondered if anyone that train spotted on New Street Station and standing on the end of Platform 6 , took any photos of locos waiting at the end of platform 1A...where the 'Glasgow' used to go from, what I'm after is what looks like an awful background of...
  3. mikeflan

St Patrick's Insurance collector

Hi all. I am throwing this one in because I'm certain there will be someone with the answer as there usually is......for which I'm grateful. My gg grandfather ....an Irishman named Thomas Fuery .....in the 1861 census was classed in Occupation as 'Collector of St Patrick's Insurance' does...
  4. mikeflan

St Peter's Harborne Lookups

I am trying to hopefully find who would hold the records for Harborne in 1815, it was then Staffordshire..... I have a ggg grandfather Samuel Coxson married there 28th Dec 1815 to I think...Mary Onley....the LDS says Mary Coxson which I doubt very much somehow !!! but wondered who holds this...
  5. mikeflan

Wheatley Jane c1835

I wonder if anyone has access to any parish records for the birth / baptism etc. of Jane Wheatley born c1835 to Richard and Sarah Wheatley of Gt Colmore Street.....as the knowledgable of you will know...the difficulty of trying to find the maiden name of the mother prior to the 1837 records...
  6. mikeflan

Clerk in Orders (Church of England)

I am certain some knowledgeable person will know about my question....I have just obtained a death certificate of a family member on which it says.....'Clerk in Orders' (No Cure of Souls)...............has anyone any ideas please. We assumed he was a vicar as he was referred to and titled as...
  7. mikeflan

Carrington Edwin (Edward)

Could anyone throw light on a relative please about his marriage to an Ellen ???? Married in Kings Norton district June qtr 1860 6C 575 ..it seems the records for the lady's name are not on the file......and I would love to get her surname sorted...... I know they lived in Harborne c...
  8. mikeflan

Marriage look up sarah coxson c1839 st martin?

Hi...I have been trying for an age to get a thread on this my gt gt gran..sarah coxson (bn c1819) married william taylor(braizer)bn c 1817, hopefully st martins as they were in that parish in 1841..no children at that date so one imagines they had just got wed...his father was same name and same...
  9. mikeflan

The Sailors Return

Hi.....going back to my trainspotting days......on coming back from a day at Tamworth trainspotting in the 1950's.....I always seemed to be at the carriage door awaiting to arrive back at New Street stn. ready for the rush to get the bus home.....but when nearing New Street I'd be observing the...
  10. mikeflan

Maypole Dairies- Perks Morris Van

I know this may be a strange request, but is there anyone that might have tucked away an old photo showing a Maypole or Perks  Morris 'J' type van, I know that no one would have taken a dedicated photo of one of these but there may be one lurking in the background of a photo taken in...
  11. mikeflan

John Carrington/Sarah Vale 1861 census

Please is there anyone that has access to the 1861 census for Birmingham....I would like to know what address a John Henry Carrington aged 8 born in Loughborough was residing at....and where a Sarah Vale (nee Carrington) his sister also born in Loughborough aged about 24....so very many...
  12. mikeflan

Sarah Vale 1881

I am seeking information on Sarah Vale possibly nee Carrington, born Loughborough 1837 and a gt aunt, she appears to have married a Mr ??? Vale at sometime possibly c1857 and may have had 3 sons,she lived in Little King St.1881 with son Henry 17, also she had a son John Stutley Vale bn 1859.and...
Back