• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Holder and Bishop Ltd in Balsall Heath Road

Try this link....... https://www.nexok.co.uk/company/00346438/holder-bishop-limited
  2. R

Go to Google with Holder & Bishop Limited. Use Google search. There are a couple of links. If you can’t find let me know
  3. R

Redwood, there is information available on company directors into the 1990’s
  4. R

Metro Extension to Centenary Square and beyond

:cool:
  5. R

Hello Redwood, I certainly can’t remember them. I did try to look them up and there was not much I could see, maybe other members can. What I did find was that they made tools (very broad term) and were founded in about 1938. The company was dissolved in the ‘90’s but I got the sense that...
  6. R

In The Garden 2021

Wonderful sky & picture!
  7. R

DONATIONS

Ken, I don’t know if there is a particular time, it came into my head last night to do it. I also think it is a very worthwhile cause. I am sure one of the moderators can clarify.
  8. R

DONATIONS

I decided that I will send in my donation early before we get the heads up from Lyn! A check will-be in the mail (post) shortly!
  9. R

Does anyone know which street this airplane body is being transported in?

Lyn, sometimes it seems like newspapers like to print the more juicy stuff! And that the fuselage of a fighter (looks like) jamming the traffic is not significant enough. Not trying to be cynical.
  10. R

Does anyone know which street this airplane body is being transported in?

Well, I just read through this thread, very interesting reading. I am now anxiously awaiting the name of the street :cool:
  11. R

In The Garden 2021

Eric, we had a cat like that, they just want to leave you their trophy (or what’s left)!
  12. R

Hybrid & electric cars

So I understand Eric…..I represent a Swedish company in the US and one of the principles was saying that hybrid rules(my words) were changing, making the batter portion larger and larger. To your point the original versions had ver small batteries running mostly on fossil fuel. I think the...
  13. R

Hybrid & electric cars

Smudged, we are looking for a new car and coming out of that and truck industry it’s not at this point a yes or no decision. In part like Bob J says you need to look at the numbers. Mikes article and the charger sizes is also of concern. We buy good cars new and keep them for a while. The...
  14. R

Small heath

Hello Tricia, welcome to the Forum!
  15. R

Davis birth

Great stuff Janice!
  16. R

Onion Fair

Sorry, oldMohawk!
  17. R

Onion Fair

Pedro, times that seem not so far ago, at least from memory!
  18. R

Hobbies 2021

John, no h no! I have been a sailor since 1969. Took lessons from a fellow that sailed the Bermuda Race, Transpac and Atlantic. He was a great instructor (tough I thought) but learned so much. I called him Captain Bligh! My boats have been Sunfish, Celebrity, O'day 16 (an Uffa Fox design) and...
  19. R

Market Hall 1835 - 1963

Seems like there was SO much style & finish to building in those days!