• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. paul stacey

Worst car of the 1960's

Known as the "Rust Machine". Paul
  2. paul stacey

Worst car of the 1960's

Before the EU, in Denmark, the place was choc a bloc with NSU Prinz's, they still had the plastic seat covers and looked brand new, the reason was that at this time Denmark had a Super tax on motor vehicles, and it was about 80%,hence the smaller cheaper cars.
  3. paul stacey

Worst car of the 1960's

So very true Eric, I have a Chevrolet Captiva 2010, and it looks like new, drives like new still, you would not see that back in the 1960's. maybe the very expensive car's in saying that in late 60's early 70's I owned a few jaguar XJ6's and wow they rusted while you watched. Paul
  4. paul stacey

Soho Road Handsworth

Thank you all very much for your thoughts, and condolences, I loved her very much, and she was around my whole life, she will be very much missed. Love to All. Paul
  5. paul stacey

Soho Road Handsworth

My Dear cousin Pamela Holland, ( PAMHOL), who is a member of this forum, and was born and lived all her young life in Vicarage Road , Handsworth, has sadly passed away after a short illness, I thought the fprum should know, ut did't know where to post it. Paul
  6. paul stacey

Small Wars Aden

Yes Alan , old comrade, I was an Aden/Radfan, Vet, not seen for quite a while, Regards Paul
  7. paul stacey

Rag Market

They certainly were Bay, I remember going many times,
  8. paul stacey

Police Horses

You were a great sight Joe, and a credit to your unit, I served in the Foot Guards as a lad, and always admired the mounted troops and Police, my old dad was an, officer in C Div, BCP, in 40's and early fifty's. Paul
  9. paul stacey

Police Horses

Great memories Lloyd, happier days.
  10. paul stacey

Police Horses

I remember when the mounted contingent was based in Ladywood, may have been Ladywood Road, though uncertain now so many years later, I used to stand at the entrance and watch them training and sometimes they would bring them out into the street. I would estimate the date at around 58/9, but...
  11. paul stacey

Then & Now

Never fails to astound me mate. I wonder how looking at a late 18 C map, of countryside and woods, turns in to massive factories and motor ways. Paul
  12. paul stacey

Ilmington road school, Weoley castle

I never knew Mr Barnfield's forename, and I never knew any of his family, I realized even at that young age, that he could't stand his wife, and nor she , Him. He drank small bottles of whisky, every Saturday I worked for him, I fetched them from the Square, "offy". He was always kind to me...
  13. paul stacey

Broad Street

Love the pic,takes me back to my childhood, and great memories.
  14. paul stacey

Curzon Street Railway Station

I must say the drawing is really iconic, and has such , "atmosphere", I love it, it would have been like a Space Port to us. Thanks for posting Mike.
  15. paul stacey

Curzon Street Railway Station

cannot find drawing of central station sent to me today???
  16. paul stacey

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

I do remember as a lad when ever around Bournville, I noticed that the big factory buildings were still, late 50's early 60's, covered in camouflage, paint, black and green and brown.
  17. paul stacey

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

needed a lot of chocolate for the troops.
  18. paul stacey

Soho Road Handsworth

I have done Lyn thank you all so much. Paul
  19. paul stacey

Soho Road Handsworth

Thank you very much RobT, it is my dear old dad . Paul
  20. paul stacey

Soho Road Handsworth

Yes Lyn, it was sad really, he was badly wounded at SALERNO 1943, and spent 15 months in a US military hospital, it had a long term effect on him and he left the Police in the early 50's. He was a great dad .miss him still loads, after 24 years since his passing. Paul