• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Rover A coy Home Guard 1941

While searching through a box of family history bits and pieces I found this and thought someone else might like to see it. It's the Rover HomeGuard A coy in 1941. They would appear to have won a cup as they look very pleased with themselves. bless them all. They look very well equipped...
  2. S

Uniform c1915

I'm trying to unravel a family wedding photo, from the guessed age of my dad in the little chair this would be about 1915/1916 or maybe a little earlier (he was born in 1910) There are two soldiers on the photo, I understand the one at the back in the flat hat may be Royal Garrison Artillery...
  3. S

Birmingham Athletic Institute

Following on from the photo of the BAI building I'm hoping someone will have memories or pictures from the mountaineering courses from the 1960s. Ive found a brief mention that after a few years these spun off into the formation of the Mercian Mountaineering Club but can't find anything else...
  4. S

British Rail Centralised Paybill Office

I've just added to a thread about Metro Cammell but mentioned that I went from there to a newly set up centralised paybill office (wages to you and me) in Lloyd House in November 1963. I think we were officially the Midland Region CPO and dealt with station and loco sheds in the area from Brum...