• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G G Jean

Queens Rd Aston

He visited IMI too. I think it must have been the same visit. My Aunt Floss is on the left working on the bullets. I wonder if there is some kind soul who could enlarge this for me please?.
  2. G G Jean

Alma Street, Six Ways, Aston

I still have one of those old oxo tins.
  3. G G Jean

Wacaden Dairy Wathes Cattell & Gurden Dairy

Hi Annekh and welcome. I am sure there will be someone on the forum who remembers your dad. I remember a Carol Dunn from school.
  4. G G Jean

Ansells Brewery

Would love to see a photo of the men's team too. Pete would remember a few of the older players.
  5. G G Jean

Ansells Brewery

Will pass these names on to Pete who was on the brewing at Aston Cross. He used to come home stinking of hops and wert I think it was called!!.
  6. G G Jean

the cedar club

All good things come to an end!!!!. :joy::joy::joy:
  7. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

This beautiful dragonfly came to rest on my trousers today. Once rested flew off. I was weeding by the fish pond.
  8. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

Just a few of the newts caught when we moved them to the pool above so Pete could repair the leek in theirs's. I lost count in the end.
  9. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

We are great Barr and have Barr Beacon and Sutton Park on our doorsteps. Used to have lots of hedgehogs but don't see any these days. Our ponds attract wildlife too Bob.
  10. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

Ollie our neighbourhood watch and a lovely rainbow.
  11. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

Our nightly visitor to the garden came for his supper. He even comes down the garden if Pete is there. He brings his two wives sometimes too but they are very nervous still.
  12. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

Even more flowers on my lemon tree and the bees have been very very busy.
  13. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

Love this photo of the moon this month Pete took it as I am useless.
  14. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

I followed all the guidelines Maurice and it has only been outside for a few weeks. So far so good. I love the fragrant aroma from their flowers. Thanks.
  15. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

Yes we are in Great Barr and luckily are south facing . Our son went to the garden centre and the chap there chose that one even though some had large fruit on and I can see why due to the amount of flowers on it now.
  16. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

A Xmas gift off one of our twins. A Lemon Tree that is covered in flowers and some very tiny lemons appearing. Loads of bees have been on it so far.
  17. G G Jean

In The Garden 2021

We love them and have three regulars to our garden most evenings. Our little dog is protected against lung worm that foxes may be carrying. That isn't mange but his markings.
  18. G G Jean

Ansells Brewery

Brian Hamer too!!.
  19. G G Jean

Ansells Brewery

Pete remembers all of them.
  20. G G Jean

old car snaps

Thanks Lyn.